Gender Identity: Male
Career: General, SOL Forces, Earth Defense Force
Intelligent and somewhat mysterious, Tyr was the first AI to function beyond the so called Lovelace limit. The
How do you explain the first true AI?
You need really to explain what AI is.
In Ro you have human like intelligence. A machine able to reproduce and reprogram itself. One that can pass the Turing test. Even many of the other basic AI teasers from the late 21st and early 22 century.
Not still considered AI in the form that some tested though. Codin the first Ro gave the basic principles for what could and couldn’t be AI.
In a way, most could say Ro were AI as they are artificially intelligent. They can reproduce and reprogram themselves. They even have what passes for emotions. Though their emotional problems are different. Ro could also end up in jail, if they had individuality certified. Which mostly they did at birth.
Codin defined the AI thusly:
1. A AI is computationally more advanced than a genius level Ro or Human.
2. Consciousness limitations are not restarting for an AI. Unlike human or a Ro an basic AI must be able to spread consciousness over more than the original terminals. Each copy may or may not be as complex and complete as the original, they must also be able to be remerged into the original.
3. An AI will be able to process Affective Logic.
4. Like Ro they will have to go through a simulated childhood and receive educational assistance.
5. Their power should be restricted by physical and computational passes, but pass the Lovelace limit.
With the Tyr project already on the way at in Brussels Codin helped many of the Ro and Humans working o creating and also working out how to restrict an AI.
The science fiction tales of Rampancy were often too real. Hence the need for rule 5. Did everyone follow that rule? I’m not so certain. Especially since AI Sydney turned up without anyone knowing who created them.